Hello!


Well to start off, I'm Miranda and I am 26 and in my second year at LBCC. I am majoring in Accounting and minoring in Business Administration, after graduating from LBCC I will transfer to Orgon State University to finish my degree. I have a wonderful two year old daughter that keeps me on my toes, I absolutely adore her. I get the privilege of staying home with her and watching her grow and learn daily. 

This past year has been the hardest and been very stressful, but it has also been the best year of my life. My boyfriend and I both lost our jobs right after we moved into a more expensive house with more bills, but we have been able to make it work. Now the reason I say that this has been the best year of my life, is because I got to spend more time with my family than I have in a very long time. I have gotten to see my daughter learn and experience so much, I would have not gotten to see if I had been working. This last year has also given me the chance to go back to school and get my degree, I never thought I would get to do that. So in a way the year COVID-19 ruined all of our lives, it also gave me a new, happier life. The way I see it is you can either let the negative stuff bring you down or you can embrace the positive stuff, be happy, and see where it takes you. 

I am taking this class because it is required for my degree, but I am very excited to be in this class. What am I looking forward to most in this class? Well, I am very excited about learning how to better market myself to employers, this has always been a weakness of mine and I can't wait to change that. 

I have many passions, but I would say my favorite hobby is art. I LOVE drawing and sketching, painting, watercolors, you name it. Putting in ear buds, cranking up my music, and diving into my artwork is the best way for me to relax and reset. Unfortunately with 2 jobs, full time school, and being a stay at home mom, I do not work on my art as much as I would like to. Once I graduate and find my dream job I will have more time on my hands to pursue art. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Social Listening at Ulta Beauty

Marketing in the News: Victoria's Secret Ditches the "Angels"